The Victim Services Unit
Helping victims to become survivors.
Victim advocates are professionals trained to assist victims of crime by offering emotional support and guidance and assistance finding available resources. Advocates utilize a strengths based approach in order to empower each individual in finding his or her voice.
The staff in this department have extensive training, education, and experience in the dynamics of domestic violence and other crimes. We also participate in various community projects and committees to collaborate with law enforcement, the judicial system, prosecution, and other victim service agencies.
All services provides are free of charge and available those in need.
We take pride in serving victims of crime with respect and dignity while responding to each individual’s needs. We commit to educating and empowering the clients that we serve, supporting each on their path towards reaching self actualization.
We assist survivors of the following violent crimes:
- Domestic violence and related crimes
- Sexual assault/Sexual violence
- Hate crimes
- Gang violence
- Child abuse/neglect
- Elder abuse and exploitation
- DUI causing injury or death
We may be able to provide assistance to those who have been victimized by other crimes.
Services we provide include:
- Personal advocacy and support
- Shelter for victims of domestic violence through The House of Hope
- Crisis intervention
- Safety Planning
- Immediate basic needs
- Transportation (on a case by case basis)
- Assisting law enforcement with the return of property
- Education on the cycle of abuse
- Information and referrals
- Assistance in filing for victim compensation
For Assistance Please Contact Our Advocates:
Kelly (Bilingual) Lead Victim’s Advocate
Fernley / Virginia City
Alie, Victim’s Advocate
Lynn, Victim’s Advocate
Child support matters are referred to the State of Nevada Child Support Enforcement, located at 300 E. Second Street, Suite 1200, Reno, Nevada 89501. Phone: 775-448-5150 or 448-5155.
Domestic Violence & Victim Resources
You are not alone. Support is one phone call away.