This holiday season, Community Chest has joined #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide.
Occurring this year on November 28th, #GivingTuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday to kick-off the holiday giving season, inspire people to collaborate in improving their local communities, and to give back in impactful ways to the charities and causes they support.
This #GivingTuesday, partner with Community Chest to help even more children, families, adults and seniors through our programs in rural northwestern Nevada!
How to Give to CCI on #GivingTuesday
In celebration of #GivingTuesday, Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will contribute up to $1 million to fundraisers on Facebook. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will match up to $1,000 per Facebook fundraiser (up to $50,000 per nonprofit), and Facebook will waive fees to nonprofits on all donations!
Do you have a Facebook account? Each donation to Community Chest made through our Facebook “Donate” button or Facebook fundraiser on #GivingTuesday will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 with no fees (up to $50,000 per nonprofit)! Help us take advantage of this incredible and generous opportunity! Stay tuned for details….
Community Chest has enrolled in the PayPal Giving Fund! All donations made to CCI through the PayPal Giving Fund are not charged with the usual PayPal processing fees, maximizing your financial gift. You can find our PayPal Giving Fund page here: https://www.paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/2452048
Thank you for your support for the communities and families we serve!
When you give to CCI, where does your gift go?
- Our food closet manager prepares food boxes and delivers them to homebound seniors, provides healthy snacks for our Before/After School and Summer programs, and provides complete holiday dinners for families.
- Our Comstock Kids program provides before/after school and summer care for working parents, ensuring that no parent is without child care through program scholarships.
- Our Domestic Violence advocates work in Storey and Lyon counties providing comprehensive victim support including case management, access to victim resources, accompanying victims to court appointments, and connecting victims to other CCI resources such as counseling to help them transition successfully to their new lives.
- Our Classroom on Wheels (COW Bus) mobile preschool program provides critical early childhood education and literacy development services to frequently isolated rural Nevada families who have no access to preschool activities for their young children.
- Our Nevada Families First home visiting program provides comprehensive parent education and support for pregnant women and families with children up to age 5, including developmental screenings, breastfeeding support, parent education curriculum, and connecting families with critical resources to help them achieve healthy outcomes and decrease the risk of child abuse and neglect.
- All of our agency programs partner together to provide holiday gifts for all of our clients and other community members through a community Angel Tree during the holiday season. Every single Angel on our tree receives a gift, no one is ever left behind!