Sunday, March 15
Dear Ones –
Because of quickly changing developments regarding COVID-19 and the announcement of statewide school closures for the next three weeks, Community Chest is immediately doing its part to limit unnecessary social contact until April 6 in the following ways:
- Closure of all youth programs, COW bus stops, and its library.
- Continuation of all case management and counseling services through tele-health.
- The healthcare clinic will remain open as it is currently on Monday afternoons and all day Wednesdays.
- We will have a skeleton crew available to help provide food boxes through our food pantry at our Community Center at 175 Carson Street in Virginia City. During business hours, please call our main number 775-847-9311, extension 105.
- If someone is needing immediate assistance and/or wishes to speak with one of our counselors, call 775-297-1267.
Please know that our prayers are with each and every one of you. We know that some of the above-mentioned closures will be hard for some families. At the same time, this is an unprecedented emerging health crisis that is calling for severe measures and sacrifices. We feel these strategies will allow us to continue supporting folks as we are able in a way that doesn’t work against the larger community strategies now being implemented for COVID-19.
As new developments occur, we will keep folks posted.
Thank you for your understanding.
The Entire Community Chest Team