Community Chest is seeking a Case Manager based out of our Fernley office.
To provide holistic and comprehensive case management services to all clients who are eligible for the AdultWorks & G.A.M.E. Program. This process includes intake assessment, goal setting, plan development, progress monitoring, advocacy, referrals, financial management, grant knowledge, reporting, and overall ability to work with people. This position will require driving to Fernley, Silver Springs and Virginia City routinely.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services type field OR comparable work experience
- Knowledge and skills in community based behavioral health care and case management preferred
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience working with persons in crisis preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to establish rapport
- Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals
- Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus, task-oriented, non- judgmental, open personal qualities, and a clear sense of boundaries
- A strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees
- Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse families and communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation
- Good interpersonal, communication and documentation skills
- Flexible scheduling required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain an overall caseload of 15- 25 individuals both independently and/or with another team member
- Meet with clients weekly or bi-weekly for the duration of their time in the Adultworks & G.A.M.E. Programs and maintaining follow up for up to one year
- Adhere to the goals of the Adultworks & G.A.M.E. Programs, as well as the vision statement
- Connect individuals with needed and available community resources
- Input accurate and complete data for all contacts with clients into online database
- Maintain a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships, and professional stature
- Conduct program outreach when appropriate
- Continuously work with fellow staff to promote excellence as a program, cohesion of service for clients, and to encourage teamwork
- Provide all required documentation in a timely manner, which may include client assessment, check requests, follow-up, outcome evaluation, grant reporting, client contact sheets, and evaluations
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships as requested
- Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics
- Problem solve and multi task on a daily basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person or by telephone. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach, bend; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally must sit and/or drive for periods of time exceeding 45 minutes. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
This position will be open and posted from 7/17/17 – 7/28/17. Please reply with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com